Valassis Direct Mail, Inc
Production Technician 1 Strapper (Marketing)
• Verify correct material for production line, and load and unload materials into the machine. Perform basic machine setup (including being able to work the machine interface or machine controls), adjusting machine components, and troubleshooting as needed. Respond to the indicator lights and display screens and know the actions required to mitigate the issue. Clear jams and address errors on end of line machine components. 20%
• Support and comply with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment, including housekeeping standards. 10%
• Support and comply with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed. Other duties as assigned. 10%
• Communicates with team members.
• Share equipment knowledge with team members.
• Participate in the Team Business Meetings.
• Assist with work prioritization to meet production commitments and goals.
• Ability to work overtime beyond regular schedule to complete work assignments as required. EDUCATION
• High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
• 0-1- year related experience (preferred).
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to assess obstacles and make minor non-mechanical adjustments to ensure safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
• Ability and knowledge to operate a pallet jack.
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language. (Preferred)
• Basic math skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Team player (works well with others).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (varying upon equipment).
• Pallet jack
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to carry up to 17 lbs., may push and pull up to 40 lbs., twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/ grasp throughout the shift. Employees are also required to frequently lift up to 17 lbs., squat, and kneel. Lastly, employees are required to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment (varying upon equipment).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details.Hourly Pay Rate: $15.50
The ultimate compensation offered for the position will depend upon several factors such as skill level, cost of living, experience, and responsibilities.
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com . EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .