Public Health Foundation Enterprises, In
Case Manager (CCACS) (Personal Services)
The Contra Costa Adult Continuum of Services (CCACS) is a program of Contra Costa Health Services Health, Housing and Homeless Services Division, in partnership with Heluna Health. Our mission is to provide safe, interim housing with comprehensive services that assist homeless adults in securing permanent housing that will end their homelessness. We respect human dignity and believe housing is a right that is supported through advocacy and collaboration (www.cchealth.org/services.homeless).
Salary: $16.83 - $19.23, hourly
• Establish and maintain a caseload and conduct Needs Assessment (related to psychosocial, mental and physical health, housing, income, AOD services, legal, etc.); as well as VI-SPDAT.
• Meet with clients weekly to assist in developing a case/life/treatment plan with emphasis on collaboration with Housing Specialist and Income Specialist.
• Identify and support clients in accessing resources and services related to Needs Assessment outcomes. Referrals to: Housing Specialists, Income Specialists, Mental Health Case Managers/Clinicians, Healthcare for the Homeless Community Health Workers and Nurse Practitioners, Alcohol and Other Drug Access Line/AOD Counselors, legal services, other referral sources as needed.
• Maintain client files and associated case management documentation that include case notes, documentation, and electronic records on the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Complete Intake process for new clients in daily rotation with shelter staff.
• Completes HMIS standardized forms. Submit completed forms to the appropriate staff member within 24-hours of service.
• Educate clients on daily living skills to improve self-sufficiency, build authentic rapport to support clients' goals on an ongoing basis.
• Facilitate relationship-building with clients and their family members, including family reunification when appropriate.
• Regularly report and coordinate resident progress to immediate Supervisor and Behavioral Health multi-disciplinary team.
• Attend all required meetings and trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possesses effective communication skills and the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
• Thorough knowledge of homelessness, mental health, substance abuse, HIV and cultural diversity issues.
• Have a good knowledge of community and support service resources for special needs populations.
• Have a strong knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and Harm Reduction models.
• Must have computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check.
• AA degree preferred in Social Sciences, Social Work. Psychology, Health Science, or closely related field.
• Successful applicants must have a high school diploma/GED
• 2 year work experience working with vulnerable or special needs populations
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.