M·A·C Retail Manager (Sales)
The Retail Manager thinks strategically and strives for excellence in execution in managing the total operation of their assigned store and supervises the store and employees in aligning and engaging the team in the vision. The Retail Manager is responsible for the hiring, training and development of talent and capabilities of their employees. They will generate sales through their team, perform outstanding customer service, demonstrates learning agility, demonstrates learning agility and maximize profits by controlling expenses. The Retail Manager must develop strong working collaborative relationships with their retail partner store or mall management (as applicable); AT&D of their region, and head office support departments.
Manager / Staff Relationship
A minimum grade 12 education, college background preferred.
Previous experience in cosmetic field preferred.
Specialty store management background an asset.
Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and time management skills.
Comfortable managing and supervising people.
High- Touch Leadership Competencies
· Thinks Strategically - takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
· Develops Talent and Capabilities - identifies and cultivates essential skills and attributes to maximize individual contribution and engagement.
· Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision - Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving the vision, strategy, and goals.
· Demonstrates Learning Agility - Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
· Builds Collaborative Relationships - Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
· Strives for Excellence in Execution - Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures
Five years retail experience, one-two years management experience preferred.
Training and coaching new and existing employees.
Ability to assess customer and staff needs and make recommendations.
Ability to interpret/analyze weekly/monthly financial reports.
Professional demeanor and ability to be flexible and handle change in a positive manner.
Embrace the company's corporate philosophy.
Ability to work 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends in a fast paced environment.