Emerson Electric Co
Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Specialist -2nd Shift (Project Management)
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Buildingand Machine (Mechanical and Electrical) Maintenance
Theworker will perform electrical, pneumatic, and all mechanical tasks,such as bending conduit, pulling wire, changing fuses, resetting breakers,changing light bulbs, changing batteries, piping, painting, installing/changingmotors, lubricating equipment, adjusting or repairing guarding, and cleaningspills. The worker must also diagnosemechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems on all equipment, includingHVAC. The worker must be able to use avariety of tools to perform all aspects of maintenance, repair, and thedisassembly/reassembly of machines/equipment, including welding. The worker must be able to use a variety ofmachines (including, but not limited to: lathes, mills, drills, grinders, etc.)to perform the repair/fabrication of new/replacements parts. The worker must fill and transport containersof hazardous waste material, adhering to all company practices and procedures.
Theworker will perform material handling: The worker is required to handle variousmaterials, equipment, replacements parts, motors, and tools. Often times, overhead lifts/hoists are available,but not always, which will require the worker to lift, reach, maneuver partsinto position. The worker is requiredto work in confined spaces while handling materials forremoval/installation. The weights andsizes vary greatly, from small clips weighing less than an ounce to largemachines weight several tons. Handled partsweight up to 80 lb.
Theworker will assist other maintenance workers in training and inmaintenance preparation. The worker isrequired to perform other duties within the scope of the job assignment asdirected by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Starting Salary at 27.93 per hour.
· Must have specialized mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronic knowledge with diagnostic capabilities for troubleshooting maintenance and basic electrical work.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of the buildings and machines in order to make repairs and perform mechanical and electrical maintenance of equipment.
· Must have mechanical aptitude to disassemble/reassemble machines and repair/fabricate replacement/new parts for the machines/equipment.
· Must be able to communicate with machine operators and engineers regarding machine operations, building operations, and all maintenance and repair.
· Must be able to read and understand machine blueprints.
· Must have thorough understanding of machine operations.
· Must be able to record performance and keep accurate maintenance records.
· Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations at a high school level, including use of fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and basic trigonometry.
· Must have received a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate.
· Must be able to communicate/take instruction effectively in written and verbal format and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment.
· Must meet production standards as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Must follow all rules of safety as defined by the employer and required by all applicable regulations.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.Skilled Worker Jobs