Software Engineer (Engineering)
We're using modern web technologies to build our sites and services: Node.js, React, Webpack, GraphQL and Python. We're building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs, and believe in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems. Our apps run on AWS and Kubernetes, with deployments automated through a Slack bot.
We offer the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup. This position can be based in San Francisco, New York City, Ann Arbor, MI or Easton, PA.
• Be part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that enable our operations, product development, publisher, analytics and finance teams.
• Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, DevOps, and other stakeholders.
• Use well-reasoned, appropriate design patterns and best practices.
Things we look for
• Takes initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
• The ability to take a feature or service to full completion – from inception through design, implementation, delivery and post-release in an iterative agile environment.
• You write tests to improve the quality, modularity and maintainability of your code.
• You have an understanding of and experience with concurrency and asynchronous programming.
• Experience in server-side programming in Node.js, Java, Go, Python or similar languages – not tied to a specific language or framework, but able to quickly adapt and learn new skills.
Skills and Experience
• 2+ years of experience building web applications and services
• CS degree or equivalent real-world experience and knowledge of CS fundamentals.
• Eager to learn any new languages / frameworks that apply.
• Relational databases / data models
• Cloud development - Amazon AWS and Google Cloud