Sr. Construction Manager - Consumer Products Group Engineering (Architecture)
SR. CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – CONSUMER PRODUCTS GROUP (CPG) ENGINEERING
The CPG Engineering team consists of 170 individuals across the United States working with our 15 Tissue Towel and Napkin mills and our 8 Dixie facilities on capital project execution as well as run-ability of current assets. We are engineers, project managers and designers focused on a quality delivery. We partner with our mills as one team, one vision, one result. We currently are seeking a SR. Construction Manager to join our CPG Engineering team.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
• Site construction leadership for capital projects at GP's Consumer Products Business locations.
• Partner with project teams to determine cost effective construction strategies for specific large capital projects; by coordinating with the Mills, Businesses, Engineering, Sourcing, and Legal teams.
• Support project development phases with construction scope, cost, schedule, and resourcing input.
• Partner with Project Managers to lead constructability reviews for large capital projects during pre-funding phases.
• Support development of metrics for the construction phase on capital projects, and team with project managers to lead the construction planning process and construction progress reporting.
• Lead development and coordination of detailed project construction schedules, and support planning and scheduling for the checkout and commissioning phases.
• Primary on-site interface with construction contractors on safety, schedule, cost, change management, and quality/precision installation performance. Construction safety leadership, code and environmental compliance, and ensuring contractor adherence to reliability specifications are particularly important aspects of this role.
• Apply economic thinking to evaluate alternatives, and work with project teams on value improving processes for construction activities.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and organize multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Microsoft Project, including critical path schedule management.
• Ability to obtain meaningful feedback from customers.
• Customer focused, continually seeking innovative ways to improve project execution.
• Ability and willingness to work up to 12 days of 12-hour shifts continuously during critical project execution periods, including nights and weekends when required.
• Willingness to travel extensively, temporarily reside near project sites for extended time periods, and primarily work on-site at a variety of GP manufacturing locations.
What you will need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline
• A minimum of 7 years of construction management experience in industrial projects
• A minimum of 1 year construction management leadership experience with $50MM+ projects
What will put you ahead:
• A minimum of 3 years of construction management experience in paper mill related projects
• A minimum of 10 years construction management experience in heavy industrial projects
• A minimum of 1 year construction management leadership experience with $200MM+ projects
• A minimum of 1 year reviewing and coordinating 3D design models for construction work
• A minimum of 1 year with Primavera P6 scheduling software
• Certification in Construction Management (CCM) or Project Management (PMP)
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf