Henkel Consumer Goods Inc
Material Coordinator - Day Shift (Manufacturing)
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Material Coordinator is responsible for receiving, cycle counting, and managing storage and movement of semi-finished goods and labels within a manufacturing facility.
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
• Reviews the daily production schedule and procures all semi-finished goods and labels in preparation for scheduled runs. Adjusts for schedule changes as required upon notification.
• Working from a Bill of Materials, utilizes the inventory management system to verify stock and location of all semi-finished goods and labels needed for production runs.
• Populates spreadsheets to record incoming loads and calculate quantities of semi-finished goods required for production runs.
• Using powered industrial trucks, locates and pulls semi-finished goods and labels from warehouse locations and moves to staging area for delivery to production lines.
• Actively participates in daily planning meetings to review the status of the production schedule and make changes as required to ensure lines have needed materials for runs.
• Reviews and verifies accuracy of shipping documents for loads arriving at the facility and accurately completes required documentation for loads departing the facility.
• Conducts physical verification and quantity counts for semi-finished goods and labels. Places orders as needed with storage warehouse to obtain needed stock. Researches and resolves out of stock situations to ensure timely delivery. Escalates critical situations to ensure resolution.
• Utilizing a SharePoint site, maintains communication with storage warehouse regarding load status in order to prepare for load delivery to plant.
• Receives semi-finished goods and labels into the facility by unloading trailers, conducting blind counts, updating the inventory management system, and moving materials to staging areas for storage in warehouse location.
• Notifies Production Planning and Supply of any shortages projected to occur within the 24-hour production cycle in order to locate and expedite materials required for runs.
• Completes inventory cycle counts for all semi-finished goods and labels in the plant.
• Updates the inventory management system with movement of semi-finished goods and labels. Identifies and escalates system errors for correction.
• Conducts thorough investigation into inventory discrepancies to identify root cause issues.
• Always follows company and facility policies, procedures, and guidelines. Works in a manner that ensures personal, co-worker and consumer safety and maintains product quality. Immediately escalates concerns with or deviations from any policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
• Completes daily cleaning tasks in assigned areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 – 2 years directly related inventory control experience in a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
• Minimum of 1-year experience operating forklifts in a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.