Super Micro Computer Inc
Product Manager (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is seeking a Product Manager who can lead the development and integration of Embedded/Outdoor products for weather resistant application. This is a key product management role focused on product solutions where communication among remote teams and on-site product leadership for our development teams is critical to develop and enable operations to fulfill roadmap expectation. In addition to developing new top-of-the-line systems, product manager is expected to collaborate with marketing and sales departments to promote products and interact with customers directly to sell these products. As a product manager, you will use strong technical and communication skills towards product definition strategy for Supermicro's core product family including research into vertical-based customer solutions and creation of aggressive go-to market plan. Ultimately, Product Manager will become a core member of the Server Product Management team and engage in technical, product development, marketing, and pre/post-sales support activities.
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Manage OEM accounts and enable new OEM products through technology overview, product positioning statement, sales training materials, feature and function benefit summaries, FAQs, etc.
• Provide product training, roadmap update and technical support of chassis solution to customers
• Demonstrates and to translate product technologies into customer benefits
• Manages OEM products through life cycle from product concept to product EOL
• Creates product training and positioning documents, conduct tactical competitive analysis and critical situation management
• Coordination of operational activities associated with the introduction of a new OEM product worldwide, and Factory Product Readiness
• Provide facilities plans and strategies based on product plans and road map
• Ensures operations achieves Ready to Ship Release and transitions into production/sustaining
• Serves as third-level sales support
• Coordinates with production, purchasing, RMA, warehouse etc. to maintain smooth operation of OEM products
• BS/MS in mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering or equivalent is desirable
• 5 years of experiences in chassis, computer, or Embedded related products is preferred
• Demonstrates strong organization and planning skills, ability to lead cross-functional team to complete a product/project from development stage
• Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
• Strong understanding of Embedded market trends and customer needs
• Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building, collaboration within a diverse and cross-functional team
• Travel to meet with customer is required for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: • Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms • Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds • Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: • Office, lab or warehouse environment setting shared with other staff members. • Wet humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (weather), outdoor weather conditions.
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.