Lead Machine Maintenance Mechanic (Biotech)
Primary contact for providing technical expertise, technical support and supervision of packaging mechanics.
• Primary contact for CMMS management on shift, to include the creation, scheduling, and execution of assigned work orders/PMs on shift. This will include tracking of mechanic performance to Maintenance Work Order (MWO) generation and completion.
• Work jointly with Enhanced Team Leader (ETL) to identify learning gaps among Machine Maintenance Mechanics and develop training plan to eliminate gaps
• Develop a communication plan to effectively pass information among Maintenance Group Leaders
• Key point of contact for Failure Mode Cause/Effect Analysis (FMECA) review and generation of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Program for Area of Responsibility (AOR)
• Effectively troubleshoot high speed packaging machines, take corrective action to achieve optimum efficiency and proactively identify opportunities for process improvement.
Develop and deploy training program for new/existing Machine Maintenance Mechanics
• Effectively manage changeovers and continuously improve on target times and ways of working
• Plan and execute preventative and reactive maintenance, according to SOP and GMP requirements.
• Work with Packaging Engineer on management of spare parts inventory to include the development of Bill of Material (BOM) for Packaging Equipment. Efforts to include the development of min/max for inventory management and reduction of excess spares. Assist in management of spares parts inventory
• Support equipment validations and new product introduction
• Provide input in performance management of Machine Maintenance Mechanics
• Follow and execute safety rules to include LOTO.
• Maintain effectiveness in varying conditions and with different tasks, responsibilities, and people
• Flexibility to work 12 hour days and extended hours, including weekends, as needed to achieve
• Ability to analyze previous PM and Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) data to prioritize focus and improve successful execution of PM/PDM Program
Other Job Related Skills
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.