Super Micro Computer Inc
Project Manager (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Super Micro Computer, Inc. is currently seeking a passionate Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overall project execution and schedule control. The project manager will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure project is delivered on time and satisfies requirements from stakeholders.
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Responsible for planning, monitoring and progress control of projects.
• Collect and review SOW, product specifications, document requirements to ensure project alignment. Convert requirements into actionable and measurable activities.
• Review test plans with product teams and coordinate testing sample readiness with procurement and testing team.
• Collaborate with PM and testing teams and track validation progress.
• Work with related teams to maintain system approved component list (ACL).
• Monitor project activity and follow up with related teams.
• Hold cross-functional team meetings with design, testing and product team to discuss status updates and review critical issues.
• Work with customers for continuous process improvements.
• B.S. in electrical/computer engineering, computer science or related field is preferred
• At least 3 years of experience in project management or operation related role.
• At least 1 years of experience in servers/computer design/IT industry is preferred
• Background and experience working in a server and storage ODM or OEM environment is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: • Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms • Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds • Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: • Office, lab or warehouse environment setting shared with other staff members. • Wet humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (weather), outdoor weather conditions.
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.