Reser's Fine Foods
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Swing Shift (Information Technology)
General Summary: Trains QA Technicians in monitoring of internal food safety and quality systems. Verifies that food safety and quality programs and policies are operating as intended and validates that corrective actions are justified and effective.
Benefits and Culture
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Full-time employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with discretionary match, wellness programs, paid time off, company paid holidays and a variety of voluntary benefit options.
We strive to be your Employer of Choice. As one of our five cornerstones, this means that we go all-out to create an environment that shows we are committed to investing in employee growth and creating a culture of belonging where employees want to build a lasting career.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in hiring and training of QA Technicians; schedules and manages overtime, adjusts schedules as needed to cover food safety and quality requirements in Lead's or technician's absences. Develops Leads and technicians through performance feedback, training and special projects.
2. Manages the record review of all CCP monitoring and Pre-shipment Reviews; ensures corrective actions were taken and effective when deviations occur.
3. Co-ordinates corrective and preventive actions for CCP deviations and other processing issues.
4. Manages the implementation of department programs, verifying adherence to requirements.
5. Assists with new product launches; participates in tests batches and tracking analytical data during the Intensive Care period.
6. Investigates issues and complaints, utilizing quality tools and Root Cause Analysis. Implements corrective actions and preventive measures to effectively address issues and improve processes.
7. Attends monthly Safety / Food Safety trainings and other training as assigned.
1. B.S. or A.A. in Food Science/Technology, Microbiology or related field or a minimum 3 years in a Quality Assurance position or equivalent experience.
2. Supervisory experience; demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills.
3. Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of co-workers and management.
4. Proficient computer skills; e-mail, Word, Excel; LX and PKMS helpful.
5. HACCP, SQF PCQI and Internal Auditor certifications.
1. Food processing, warehouse and food laboratory environment.
2. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25oF to 110oF.
3. Exposure to hazardous materials.
4. Ability to climb ladders, bend, reach and occasionally lift of up to 40 lbs. may be required.
5. Production demands may require overtime and/or evening or weekend scheduling.
This position is eligible for a bonus based on company goals/performance.
Recipe for Success
Reser's is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes, and prepared foods for the supermarket, club store, and food service industries. Family owned and operated, Reser's has been a proud sponsor of good times at racetracks, picnics, BBQs, music festivals, and affordable family meals since 1950. Reser's family of brands include Reser's American Classics, Main St Bistro, Stonemill Kitchens, and more. With more than 4,500 employees, Reser's operates 14 facilities in the US, Mexico, and Canada and actively supports the communities it serves.Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory