Super Micro Computer Inc
Application Engineer (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
This Application Engineer position will be located in San Jose, CA. This person should be able to work individually with sales, FAE and customers for Super Micro Computers server and workstation product support
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Work directly with customers to resolve technical issues including motherboard, server systems and computer peripherals, over the phone, by emails, or by visiting onsite.
• Identify technical issues and resolve computer hardware & software problems.
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with sales & FAE teams to discuss services and technical issues.
• Provide service to effectively resolve customer concerns and issues.
• Travel with sales to customer sites to provide product presentation and support.
• Continually develop knowledge base of current and new products.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, with understanding in computer/server system is a plus
• Knowledgeable on Intel Server Architecture
• Knowledgeable on Windows, Linux & VMware Operating Systems
• Basic understanding on storage and NAS/SAN systems
• Strong organizational and well-developed social skills with good work ethics
• Excellent telephone etiquette skills and onsite support skills
• Ability to work well with customers in a cross-team environment efficiently under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) skills
• Documentation process and procedures
• Self-motivated in picking up new technologies and new responsibility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.