Inside Sales Project Manager (Waterworks/Plant) (Government)
As a Project Manager, you will:
• Manage all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget.
• Develop knowledge of the organization's products, services, and customers by working closely with more experienced brand/product managers.
• Recommend products and services that fit well with clients' business needs.
• Manage execution of project in accordance with organization's project management methodology according to established project plan.
• Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project.
• Establish and maintain effective sales relationships with major accounts/customers.
• Coordinate the activities of outside contractors to ensure they are integrated into the project and that the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
• Monitor progress and performance against the project plan; take action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
• Work directly with partners and clients to determine project scope, specifications, requirements, and perform calculations.
• Conduct project meetings and prepare regular reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
• Identify and resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
• Responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of supplies, materials, and equipment.
• Allocate resources and assign tasks to ensure these targets are met.
• Provide a high level of assistance to program/project managers to ensure projects are carried out according to plan.
• Waterworks industry and product knowledge preferred (wholesale distribution)
• Applicants with industrial or commercial plumbing experience considered
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to efficiently operate computers, tablets and mobile devices.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to effectively utilize postal and shipping/receiving systems.
Tasks would include:
• Daily communication with customer on-site PM's and field hands.
• Daily communication with our vendors to ensure right pricing and delivery of materials to job.
• Reading/understanding job specifications and application to the submittal process.
• Reading/understanding of construction drawings to provide value added services and suggestions to contractor.
• Purchasing, coordination and delivery of materials to job site.
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (two plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.