E. & J. Gallo Winery
Part Time Tasting Room Representative (Food Services)
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Under minimal supervision works as part of a team to support tasting room operations in a manner that achieves established financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal functions include cash register operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales and customer service.
What You Will Do:
• Prepares the tasting room for opening and closing daily.
• Presents selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
• Functions as informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
• Operates cash registers and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Stocks merchandise and supplies as needed.
• Participates in quarterly inventories.
• Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and informs a manager.
• Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
What You Will Need:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Cash register experience.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule as needed.
• Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Required to engage in frequent walking and standing.
• Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
What Will Set You Apart:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years of tasting room, retail or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
• Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Knowledge of wine and wine production.
• Knowledge of federal and state legal compliance related to tasting room operations.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 58636
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.