Super Micro Computer Inc
Sales Manager (Sales)
Job Req ID: 5347
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is looking for a highly-experienced, successful and proven Sales Manager to sell Supermicro's broad portfolio of server solutions to large enterprise customers. Sales Manager will possess the expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex, multi-portfolio, large deals. The ideal sales manager must have a strong, credible and professionals working relationship with C-Level executives at current and past clients, plus the ability to create similar synergies at new accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Represent and sell the entire Supermicro portfolio of products and services to large enterprise customers
• Establishes a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client executives
• Researches and understands the client's industry. Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges
• Acts as a trusted advisor to client leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle. Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for Supermicro
• Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning Supermicro capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors
• Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow Supermicro's presence and share in the account.
• Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews
• Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in Super micro share, revenues, and margin
• Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue and margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques
• Typically qualifies and closes large deals of moderate to high complexity and cross-GBU scope
• Works with all levels of decision-makers in the client organization including the CEO
• Participates in account investment decisions in pricing and resources
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferably in high tech industry • Minimum 3-7 years of direct sales experience selling server and storage to enterprise and fortune-1000 companies preferred • Strong communication skills across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies • Track record of building relationships with senior executives and decision makers • Demonstrated ability in the following areas: pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling, call structure and control, time and territory management • Experience entering, tracking and reporting data on lead activity • Consistent track record of meeting of exceeding sales target • Must have Microsoft Excel Knowledge • Multi-task and time management skills are a must • Proficient in English and additional language is a huge plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.