Lewis Tree Service Inc.
CDL Groundsperson/Line Clearance; Warrenton, VA (Agriculture)
• Have valid driver's license, CDL and/or medical certification as required for the vehicle being operated. Must be able to hear, speak and see, with ability to walk one mile or more.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Herbicide Certification and licensing as required by Lewis Tree Service Policy and state, local and federal laws.
• Must be able to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
• Must be capable of operating two handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
• Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid cards.
• Must successfully complete the Ground person Technical Knowledge & Skills Certification. Nature of Duties:
• Trims and/or removes trees by climbing or with aid of an aerial lift, but only under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified line clearance tree trimmer.
• Loads and unloads trucks with logs, brush and debris and/or feeds brush into brush chipper.
• Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment. Keeps work area picked up and orderly.
• Carries and lays out materials, tools and equipment at work site. Use and maintenance of small power tools at ground level.
• Sprays stumps and brush.
• Drives and operates trucks and other equipment as assigned.
• Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
• Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the working area. Helps enforce on the job safety practices.
• Performs other related work as assigned.