Super Micro Computer Inc
Test Engineer (Rack Solutions) (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro Computer Inc. is currently seeking a Test Engineer to join the Racks Solutions group, who can assist in product development, testing and product debugging. This individual will be required to work cross-department and assist Research and Development Engineers and product managers as needed in product development tasks by providing Open Box Testing for production, warehouse, rack integration and server sample tests.
• Preform the server level and cluster level tests, write the failure reports for testing.
• Maintain the lab networks, clusters, VPN and other devices deployed in the lab.
• Able to work with other engineers to resolve issues for hardware.
• Implement active lab policies, support ISO compliance and inventory control.
• Able to configure switches, routers, and install new programs for customers.
• Maintain the hardware inventory, provide the inventory report monthly.
• Strong Linux and windows operating system experience.
• Strong skills in writing failure reports for server/cluster level tests.
• Experience with lab or data-center hardware, network setups, and switch configuration.
• Experience with inventory control and asset management are a plus.
• Familiar with TCP/IP protocol stack, DHCP, NFS and other application level protocols are a plus.
• Familiar with server test tools, lab management software, and scalable storage are a plus.
• Familiar with visualization technology and cloud computing are a plus.
• Cisco CCNA, AWS or GCP certificates are a plus.
• Positive attitude, desire to learn, time management, and strong interpersonal skills.
• AS/BS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience in server and lab testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.