Innovation Director (Marketing)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
The Director, Business Innovation for the DentaQuest Impact, Inc. is responsible for leading the design, development, and testing of high value disruptive (further-out) as well as near-in innovations across the DentaQuest Enterprise. Working under the direction of the Vice President Innovation, the Director, Business Innovation develops DentaQuest's strategic innovation platforms into new business models and spreads high-value incremental innovations into the DentaQuest core businesses. Working in the middle of DentaQuest's innovation funnel, the Director closely partners with both the Executive Director, Impact Integration Group to turn prioritized ideas and concepts into prototypes and pilots, and the Director, Product Strategy to transition successful innovations into new business models, products and services. The Director partners closely with external and internal business and philanthropy leaders to build and manage a portfolio of proactive and responsive innovations that drive mission, vision and business value.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the VP, Innovation in driving strategic thinking, near-in and disruptive innovation activities, aligned impact investing strategies, and positive culture change across the enterprise to solve challenges for core business clients, create disruptive new business models, advance systems change through business innovation, and elevate the DentaQuest brand;
• Help define, implement, and manage an enterprise-wide innovation management process and pipeline to source innovative concepts, evaluate ideas for mission and business value, secure management support and funding for design and testing, build and pilot high-value concepts with real customers, and lead integration of proven ideas into the enterprise portfolio of products/services;
• Collaborate closely with the Executive Director of Innovation on idea sourcing, evaluation, early-stage design, and testing, and collaborate with Director Product Strategy and other business owners on product pilots, implementations, and refinement
• Engage stakeholders across the DentaQuest Partnership, Impact Investing, and DentaQuest's core businesses to define highest priority problem areas, develop innovation hypotheses, and design, test and implement problem-based solutions and proactive innovations that advance both mission and business;
• Lead a portfolio of innovation projects, composed of near-in innovation priorities and disruptive innovation platforms, partnering with leaders and teams across and outside of the enterprise to manage the successful integration of innovations into new and existing business models, products, and services;
• Independently own and manage streams of work, including overall project structure, development of detailed work plans, managing projects across all innovation process phases, and driving business results;
• Investigate, develop, recommend, and serve as lead on strategic business development and partnership opportunities with the goal of driving new social, business and financial value for DentaQuest and its constituents
• Prepare and present analyses, business cases, and recommendations, and reports to various governance committees to advance business and innovation goals and projects
• Participate in activities related to client acquisition and retention for the benefits business to help differentiate DentaQuest by positioning and, as relevant, deploying innovations for clients;
• Serve as a voice for DentaQuest Innovation within the enterprise and externally, as necessary, by making presentations, informing audiences on our point of view, and showcasing work in progress;
• Proactively communicate and align with DentaQuest philanthropy and business leaders on innovation objectives, pipeline, status, and results to build mutual understanding, create transparency, and enable continuous dialogue to ensure innovation activities continue to be targeted appropriately;
• Conceptualize and implement innovation activities, including but not limited to challenges, lunch and learns, workshops, etc., to disseminate innovation culture and practice across the DentaQuest enterprise;
• Serve on enterprise special projects and committees as requested;
• Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary;
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare or equivalent experience required;
• Five or more years of successful healthcare management experience in a corporate setting;
• Demonstrated skill in high-level decision-making and problem-solving;
• Experience owning a significant piece of work and interacting directly with clients/senior-level executives;
• Demonstrated capacity to manage large workstreams and lead across business divisions;
• Demonstrated leadership in analyzing market conditions and customer needs and matching potential innovations to improve customer experience;
• Demonstrated experience and success applying concepts of innovation and product development to improve business models, processes, products, and services, ideally within a payer or provider setting;
• Demonstrated skill in navigating complex relationships across business units with unique, and sometimes competing, priorities;
• Proven ability to use reason, logic, and creativity to solve ambiguous problems;
• Skillful communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to influence senior executives;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with internal and external customers;
• Self-starter that can thrive in an unstructured and collaborative team environment;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
• Master's degree preferred;
• Project management qualifications.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out the position's own position responsibilities (i.e. use of a personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.