Exelixis US LLC
Account Director, GPOs and Strategic Partners (East) (Finance)
This highly collaborative position will report to the Executive Director, GPO and Strategic Partners/Specialty Sales operation and will be responsible for enhancing Access and Sales initiatives within their assigned market/geographic segmentation including states from the East Coast into the Midwest.
This individual will work directly with sales leadership, market access colleagues, and marketing, as the situation dictates to remove barriers to on-label and clinically appropriate product utilization.
The goal of the position is to minimize access barriers and promote/implement various programs and services to supplement the field sales force and management efforts. Successful candidates should possess strong understanding of ALL aspects of the oral Oncology marketplace including, but not limited to: GPO networks, SP/SD distribution, Payer and reimbursement fluency, and PBMs. Knowledge and understanding of professional organizations/networks that support community oncology and SPs such as COA, NCODA, QCCA, etc. also highly valuable.
Responsibilities include regional coverage and support access in Key Oncology Accounts, which include: In-office dispensing (IOD), Hospital Clinics, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and VA/DoD accounts. Supplement national GPO team efforts as appropriate and work in close collaboration with Regional/Area sales directors to remove barriers to sales efforts.
This position will provide critical competitive intelligence within the assigned marketplace and assist in the development of the overall market access strategic plan for Exelixis as well as work cross functionally with internal customers to drive the national sales strategy. The individual will have an expert understanding of the changes in the oncology marketplace including contracting, reimbursement models, (OCM, ACO), and mergers and acquisitions and be able to communicate this to appropriate colleagues.
The position demands extensive travel capabilities, including numerous weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for developing and maintaining key business relationships with assigned Strategic accounts
• Partner with C suite level executives, heads of pharmacy, medical directors etc. to create business opportunities and build strategic partnerships
• Responsible for education, communication and coordination with all segments of the business within their assigned accounts; including GPO and hospital contracts, OCM reimbursement models, changes in payer strategy
• Lead strategic planning meetings (SPMS) in targeted accounts, responsible for coordinating presentations with Marketing, Sales and Access and be comfortable leading group discussions with customers and stakeholders
• Establish strong partnerships and outstanding communication with internal stakeholders, be seen as a trusted advisor to the Sales, Payer, and Marketing teams and build an educational platform to educate internal colleagues about customer dynamics
• Identify appropriate accounts and help execute In Practice Speaker Programs (IPPs), Strategic Planning Meetings (SPMs) and GPO podium presentations
• Attend the majority of the GPO (ION, Unity, Vital Source) meetings and identify key customer attendees for 1:1 meetings while at the conference
• Impact customers at regional and national society meetings (COA, QCCA, NCODA) and communicate findings to appropriate stakeholders
• Lead large group discussions and present critical corporate initiatives to the GPOs and its members
• Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of the strategic and tactical plans
• Identify, develop and execute business opportunities by focusing on appropriate positioning and messaging of Exelixis products
• Identify, resolve and communicate dispensing and/or product access issues
• Track and analyze product performance and communicate to internal stakeholders
• Collaborate with market access, marketing, medical and sales to secure access to formularies and pathway development
• No direct supervisory responsibilities at this time
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Scientific or Business field required
• MBA preferred but not required
• Strong experience in sales, managed care, reimbursement, health policy, or healthcare marketing experience
• Minimum of 12 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, oncology experience preferred
• Regional / National Account Management experience preferred
• Expert knowledge of relevant products, their associated therapeutic areas, competitors and other related marketplace factors
• Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills
• Strong Total Account Management skills and ability to prioritize goals
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines
• Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success
• Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience
• Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary
• Valid driver's license
• Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory
• ~50% travel required
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• May also work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Exelixis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.