YMCA OF CENTRAL OHIO
Copy Of Arts/Dance/Sports/Technology Specialist (Project Management)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors and healthy living practices.
2. Provide a climate of respect and support in which each student can develop to their greatest potential as an athlete, an artist, and as a human being.
3. Create an atmosphere in which strong character, good sportsmanship, friendship and creativity are valued.
4. Help students develop their goal setting skills, technique, class attitudes and to value their sport/technology/art language.
5. Encourage the concept that perfecting the sport/technology/art/language isn't the focus and encourage them to be an athlete/student/art in their own special, unique way.
6. Provide each participant the opportunity to learn and perfect skills.
7. Work cooperatively with all individuals involved with the program, families, Y program staff and Y partners.
8. Organize and attend performances, games, rehearsals, and events associated with their assigned specialty area.
9. Improve personal knowledge by attending classes, workshops, conferences and clinics.
10. Aid in the recruitment of new participants.
11. Keep rosters up-to-date while tracking attendance for each student.
12. Enforce all rules and policies specified in YMCA and YMCA Program handbooks.
13. Complete all information and standards related to licensed childcare in a timely manner.
14. Communicate with supervisors successes and challenges to improve the program.
Proven experience/training in specific specialty area; ability to work with children of varying ages and skill levels.