Field Application Engineer (Sales)
Through in-depth product knowledge, provides pre-sales technical support to the company's sales staff, channel partners and customers. Provides support in a pre-sales as well as post-sales capacity, such as product capability assessment, preventative maintenance, and upgrades. Provides, presents, and interprets design, application, and service information in a variety of situations, including complex requirements and negotiations. Advises on product specifications and applications usable by a specific customer and explores the business feasibility of general marketing. Works closely with project engineers in evaluation and review of new product performance, user interfaces, operation, instrument driver functionality and documentation (both user and service). Responsibilities: • Performs technical support activities in support of the company's products or services sales:
o Performs product demos.
o Assists sales managers/sales reps in preparation of proposals.
o Answers technical questions from existing and potential customers.
• Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products.
• Assists customers in product operation and support duties such as product training.
• Develops application notes explaining use of company's products in actual application settings as well as technical note explaining product operation and functionality.
• Develops FAQ documents covering commonly asked questions and answers for posting on companies website.
• Maintains accuracy of posted firmware updates, instrument driver revisions in cooperation with Engineering and document control departments.
• Bachelors degree in engineering - Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical
• Combination of experience in customer relations, but no less than a minimum of 5-7 years of technical experience.
• Experience in data acquisition and/or programable power supply a plus
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact effectively
• Detail-oriented, well organized, self motivated with the ability to multi-task
• A demonstrated ability to work in a self directed and independent manner, prioritizing work appropriately.
• Superior computer skills including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
• Experience using and developing ATE test systems including test program development using LabView, LabWindows/CVI, Agilent VEE, Visual Studio or similar Integrated software development tools highly desirable.
• Well-developed presentation skills
• Manufacturing industry experience helpful
• Good knowledge of all areas of business operations.
• Able to resolve moderately complex pre-sales technical problems, working with field sales personnel.
• Able to present technical concepts in clear manner to customers through demos and proposals.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and using knowledge of pre-established guidelines and instructions to perform the tasks required. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .