Vitech Systems Group
Senior Network Engineer (Information Technology)
Senior Network Engineer
Locations: New York, NY
Vitech Systems Group is a leading provider of group administration software to the insurance, retirement and investment industries. The V3 System serves many of the world's premier investment organizations with a combined $2 trillion in assets under management, and benefits clients servicing over 25,000,000 members.
Our mission is to help organizations improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations while increasing service levels and broadening service offerings.
We do this via the V3 System, our enterprise software platform that addresses a broad array of administration requirements and includes native workflow, imaging, CRM and self-service capabilities.
Our clients are seeking out a competitive edge through technology and solutions, and they rely on our team of industry domain and technical experts to design and deliver it. Here's your chance to join a dynamic, global team of technology and domain subject matter experts, developers, quality assurance experts and business analysts who are helping shape the future of technology.
Vitech currently has over 1000 employees with offices and clients throughout the world. We are proud to share that Vitech has been in continuous, profitable operations for over 20 years. We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program to ensure employees' health, well-being and financial security.
Visit us on the web at: www.vitechinc.com
• Maintaining physical and virtual network resources, including configuration of network firewalls, core switches, LB devices, DMZ switches and all network hardware, VoIP system hardware, Cisco IOS, HP network equipment and related network applications and services in a wired and wireless environment.
• AWS VPC configuration, security groups, and configuration of CISCO 1000V virtual/physical appliances and AWS services such as Shield advanced.
• Maintaining and improving network operations and provide support to network users.
• Configuring and maintaining network components (e.g., routers, switches, etc.) and services (i.e., connectivity and access).
• Performing custom configuration for complex network devices such as Cisco firewalls and Juniper SSL VPN concentrators.
• Extensive Site to site VPN and Point to Point experience with advanced routing and network rules configuration.
• Reconfiguring network equipment as necessary to handle environmental changes
• Performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems, work to implement solutions that have limited system-wide impact; escalate issues with broader implications for entire network to higher level network personnel or Technical Director
• Maintaining the wireless authentication tool(s) for the campus and serve as the primary point of contact for campus community support.
• Administering servers both in a Virtual and Physical environment.
• Utilizing monitoring tools to capture and analyze traffic, maintaining uptime, generating usage reports, and spotting trends
• Creating and maintaining documentation and diagrams as needed when assets are added or removed
• Supporting VOIP telecom environments.
• Providing PM users with technical support; establishing network users, user environments, and directories for networks being installed
• Installing and testing necessary software and hardware in accordance with standards based settings.
• Training and mentoring staff as appropriate
• Ability to drive/travel NY/NJ/PA region as require to support our datacenters and multiple in-region customers either onsite or remotely
• Minimum of 5 plus years experience, solid AWS.
• Experience and working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Catalyst 6XXX/4XXX series cores, HP, Citrix Netscalers, Juniper and related networking devices deployed as physical and virtual appliances.
• Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory Doman Services, and Server roles such as DNS and DHCP.
• Working knowledge of server operating systems.
• Familiarity with network monitoring systems such as SolarWinds.
• Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft certifications and appropriate professional certifications preferred
Networking security certification preferred
Vitech Systems Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
See Job Description