Project Specialist (Information Technology)
Essential Job Functions
· Project manage one or more aspects of a customer deployment on multiple applications, and ensure projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and Crown Castle and in accordance with Crown Castle policies and procedures.
· Manage small scale projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities, including contracting, RF design, product/equipment ordering, permitting regulatory, construction, optimization, close-out, and hand-off to ops are effectively and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract / LSO.
· Develop accurate project plans for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation.
· Attend customer deployment meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
· Ensure District Manager/lead Project Manager (if applicable) and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
· Responsible for the management and coordination of team members in obtaining and maintaining all requisite documents related to said projects.
· Vendor management, where applicable.
· Responsible for forecasting Project Management Tool dates (e.g., initial forecast, updated forecast).
· Partner with Lead Project Manager in leading internal & external deployment meetings as directed by lead Project Manager, and interact with carrier representative as needed.
· Deal with design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.).
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
· One (1) to three (3) years of project management experience
· Customer-facing project management experience preferred
· Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, maintenance, and property management
· Knowledge of Public and Private right of way project deployment, site acquisition procedures including regulatory and permitting processes
· Ability to read and understand blueprints along with and understanding of tower/roof top structural details and/or civil inside & outside plant construction methods
· Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
· Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
· Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
· Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of construction services: Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, towers, lines, and antennas
Reports to: District Manager, Program Manager or Project Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 80% of the time. Required travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions less than 20% of the time.
Additional Information: N/A