Supplier Quality Engineer (Architecture)
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
To be a technical focal point for the facility to work on supplier quality issues directly with suppliers and different site functions. Represent the quality function and suppliers for the MRB process. Monitor and report on status of supplier related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that all incoming materials are processed properly, and any supplier issues are addressed in a timely manner.
· Provide guidance to Receiving Inspectors.
· To provide documentation to perform Inspection of components per Inspection Plans in SAP.
· To be the focal person for supplier related quality and functional product issues.
· Evaluate component failure rates from production line, collect samples and initiate Failure Analysis to drive continuous improvement activity to component manufacturer.
· Assure that non-conforming materials to be returned to vendor due to poor quality have the appropriate documentation and analysis that meets the requirements for RMA and promotes the timely root cause evaluation and corrective/preventive action implementation.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, bachelor's degree in engineering preferred; and 0 to 2 years of experience.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Advanced PC skills, including data evaluation and reporting (Excel, Minitab, SQL, Powerpoint).
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and product specifications.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from suppliers and internal/external customers.
· Ability to effectively present information to stakeholders for supplier quality performance.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.