Paralegal (Must have Top Secret/SSBI Clearance) (Legal)
SAVA Workforce Solutions, LLC, an Akima Company, delivers enterprise IT and mission support solutions to the federal government, serving the federal civilian, defense, law enforcement and intelligence communities. SAVA helps our customers strengthen national security, improve communications and collaboration and secure the integrity of their data, information systems and networks. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
• Provide professional, timely and reliable paralegal support reporting to five litigating units. In particular, supporting the missions of the Employment Law Units (ELU) and Civil Litigation Units (CLU).
• Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS NEXIS and Westlaw.
• Perform typical Paralegal functions, including: moderately complex legal research; synopsizing transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use; reviewing case related materials; and identifying potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation.
• Receive, prioritize, and process requests such as document review or requests for advice or legal technical assistance.
• Research and locate responsive information and identify relevant laws, judicial decisions, and legal articles.
• Write preliminary drafts of legal memoranda and correspondence.
• Assist in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.; conducting legal analysis, reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
• Consistently demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and manage complex relationships with all stakeholders.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053.
Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance applying to the position via the online application.