Credit Analyst - Natural Resources (Finance)
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking an Analyst for coverage of the Natural Resources sectors. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has some knowledge of and a keen interest in learning more about the Natural Resources industries;
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
-Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Natural Resources sectors;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Participating in meetings with Natural Resources industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA or CFA candidate preferred;
- 3+ years relevant experience, some coverage or knowledge of the Natural Resources sectors a plus;
- Capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitchs credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.