Head of Sales and Distribution (Project Management)
Our mission is to help our clients secure their financial well-being so they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where our people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. We have been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute. We provide our employees with opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable.
Our aim is to become America's first fully Agile financial services company. By adopting new ways of working, we will further enhance the value we create for our clients and employees. We are creating an environment where cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams work independently under a clear set of strategic guidelines, applying Agile working methods to implement their missions. And in so doing, they promote a culture where team members are actively engaged and learning every day.
About Individual Retirement Business
Individual Retirement is the largest business line for Equitable Holdings. It represents two -thirds of the earnings and c. 8bn of annual revenue generation. With more than 900,000 active variable annuity policies, Individual Retirement is one of the leading providers in this important asset class. Our mission is to "relentlessly deliver innovative, sustainable retirement strategies for our partners that enable Americans to grow, protect and enjoy their wealth".
Individual Retirementt operates on four key pillars:
1. Amplify engagement
2. Expand digital capabilities
3. Maximize product offerings
4. Leverage NWOW
Individual Retirement's products and services offer advantages including wealth accumulation, guaranteed income, death benefits and tax-efficient distribution options.
The Head of Distribution & Sales is on the executive leadership team of the Individual Retirement Business. The business represents the largest business line at Equitable, representing c. 8bn in annual premium. This role is accountable for effectively and strategically growing the company's annuity distribution business. The Head of Distribution is responsible for the management of 175 retail and third-party wholesaler distribution channels, internal sales desk, sales intelligence & enablement and all firm relationships. This will report to the Head of Individual Retirement.
The Head of Distribution & Sales will be a critical part of New Ways of Working (NWOW) at Equitable, driving an agile methodology / NWOW principles. He or she will partner with other key stakeholders to proactively define vision and goals and guide the teams toward goals under a test-and-learn culture which entails: (i) innovation, (ii) frequent engagement and iteration with customers, advisors, partners and stakeholders. The Head of Sales and Distribution will use his/her demonstrated sales leadership skills and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth.
• Partner with key stakeholders on the development and implementation of effectively executing on the annuity sales strategies
• Foster an environment that retains and attracts top talent to the organization
• Lead annuity distribution team through 5 Divisional Sales Managers to meet or exceed the established growth targets with 80 Wholesalers
• Manage relationship with Equitable Advisors, Third Party Firms and fund partners
• Spearhead sales meetings to motivate the sales team and to provide them information on an ongoing basis
• Set clear Roadmap to crafting and executing on the strategy and communicate 'the story'
• Leverage data and competitive intelligence to analyze performance metrics
• Manage sales and distribution expense budget
• Collaborate key stakeholders to develop and provide feedback on campaigns and go-to-market strategies
• Ensure the sales team thoroughly understands the sales process, product offerings and technology capabilities
• Oversee that all compliance standards are met
• Partners with Head of Key Accounts on creating and strengthen the relationships with Third Party firms that sell our annuities.
• Conducts aspects of relationship management responsibilities with our fund partners.• 5 - 10 years' experience managing a large sales organization
• Knowledge of the variable annuity industry and distribution
• Familiar with products, competitor's products and positioning which influence markets and sales in the annuity space
• An ability to understand the company's business vision and find appropriate vehicles to communicate it so it is understood, appreciated and embraced by external audiences
• Experience and knowledge working with Advanced Markets
• Deep understanding of the retirement plan markets, products, tools, technology and external market landscape
• Proven track record as a successful VA sales leader
• Ability to coach Sales Managers and Wholesalers to higher performance
• Strong management skills to lead employees across different territories
• Documented experience developing, training and leading a high-performance sales team
• Thoroughly familiar with financial services products and sales concepts
• An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
• Exceptional customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with influencing change though leveraging agile, adaptive leadership models and change management efforts, particularly strong at influencing change
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
• Series 7, 66 and 24 licenses required
• Weekly travel or the ability to travel 90% of the time is required
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience
Mindset and behaviors
• Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas - loves and embraces change
• Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust
• Readiness to "roll up the sleeves" and to go outside comfort zone to learn, ability to push teams to do the same
• Readiness to empower others to fail, learn, and grow
• Experimental mindset to drive innovation
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment. Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical di
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-6368 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.