National Gypsum Company
Human Resources & Office Manager (Project Management)
National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources & Office Manager at our Richmond, California Office. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a non-union employee relations climate that creates and permits a stable and productive workforce. Manages and coordinates all functions of employee relations, including but not limited to, employment, compensation and benefit services, staffing, training and development, safety, security, and workers' compensation for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. As well, this position provides plant management information related to current cost, payables/receivables, production and inventory data so that the best operational decisions can be made, and financial goals and budgets can be met.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
Implement and monitor all aspects of in the areas of plant Human Resources and Office, to include but not limited to:
• Recruit, interview and hire qualified applicants to keep plant appropriately staffed.
• New hire onboarding and orientation.
• Support plant management in creating a positive employee relations environment.
• Participate in the development and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey Action Plans.
• Employee performance management.
• Employee recognition.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as Corporate and plant policies and procedures.
• Provide assistance and support relative to company benefits.
• Assist plant management with employee training as needed.
• Supervise and assist Plant Office Administrator in the prompt and accurate handling of all recordkeeping and reporting, including records retention and employee payroll.
• Monitoring accounts payable information within SAP, order entry within SAP and SRM.
• Responsible for the accuracy of the book inventory and the reconciliation to the physical inventory including cycle counts.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly reports relating to the Manufacturing Cost Summary.
• Analyze, examine and interpret accounting data and reports and provide guidance to management on costs, operating needs and trends.
• Accumulate data to be used as a basis for budgets, prepare within the timeframes set by Operations Accounting/Manufacturing and discuss with Plant Manager.
• Ensure accurate month end closing information on reports.
• Required – A strong passion and commitment to People, Safety, and Housekeeping.
• Required – A Professional and Positive attitude, and the desire to have fun at work.
• Honest and Open communication skills, internal and external to the plant.
• Self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as being a motivating influence to others.
• Strong leadership ability with a commitment to collaboration, a One Team Culture, and developing relationships.
• Enjoys developing those on their team, providing feedback, listening, and helping others reach their full potential.
• Excellent problem solving skills, someone that doesn't settle for “just OK”. Drives to not only meet goals, but to exceed them.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Human Resources Management, or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years' Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of state and federal employment law.
• Excellent communication and group presentation skills.
• Cost reporting experience.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office). Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
• Previous experience in the area of Accounting a plus.
Please apply online and answer the questions if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.See Job Description