Jack Entertainment LLC
Kitchen Steward/Food Runner (Food Services)
The bottom line:
Would you enjoy working in a team oriented environment?
Kitchen Steward/ Food Runner:
This position is responsible for the general kitchen cleaning duties including the cleaning and mopping of kitchen floors and trash removal, and re-stocks all supplies/food in the assigned areas. In addition, this position will transport clean service ware and allocate in accordance with event order to supply the function or restaurant.
• Maintain the kitchens and equipment in a clean, sanitary and fully operable condition
• Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly sanitation of such is maintained, empty trash; Implement established safety policies and procedures
• Report any faulty equipment to management immediately
• Re-stock and replenish buffet areas
• Stock the kitchen and restaurant with supplies
• Break down boxes and other food and beverage supplies
• Maintain the buffet with the foods needed
• Comply with all health and safety standards
• Comply with company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and be available to work on a regular basis
• Ensure that Superior Guest Service levels are met according to Standard Operating Procedures
• Attend meetings as scheduled
• Other job related duties as assigned
Who we are:
As a company, we are Greektown Casino-Hotel in case you couldn't scroll up, we are a recognized leader in the gaming and hospitality industry and a champion for good in the community. We believe in making the company a great place to work and play! We make it easy to join the fun, strive to amaze always, frequently challenge the status quo and regularly let our team members know they make a difference.
We strive to provide an amazing work environment, with lots of awesome team members, and a pretty relaxed atmosphere.
The small details:
There are a couple of things that we need from you to make sure you're the right candidate:
Education & Experience Requirements
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff; ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English
• Ability to perform basic math
• Ability to handle money and make correct change
• Ability to understand and comply with all departmental and Company rules, regulations, Policies and procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management
• Good people skills required