Quality Superintendent (Biotech)
About Our Business
Want to join the global powerhouse that's building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position is in Cargill's protein & salt business, which provides wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful food products. Join the team that serves a wide range of customers around the world, from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Superintendent is responsible for developing and implementing quality systems to assure customers that products are defect free and safe. In addition, you will work with other departments on root cause analysis, corrective actions and preventative measures to ensure that they are effective. We are seeking a proven leader who will work with senior staff to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as leading a collaborative effort on audits. At this level, you will lead and direct the work activity of a subordinate group of employees. This role will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions.
• Verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure (SSOP), prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product.
• Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
• You will lead quality focused audits (Corporate Food Safety, BRC, FSSC 22000, customer, regulatory).
• Act as Food Safety Team leader by coordinating and developing the Food Safety Team (FST) and leading all aspects of the quality and food safety management system and management review. Ensure appropriate customer specifications and government regulations are met.
• Investigate and follow up on quality and food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
• Own the Management of Change (MOC) process, specifications, labels, and product quality reviews.
• Review the work of a team of analysts or inspectors that collects data identifying potential quality failures. Evaluates quality of raw materials or components, in-progress goods, processes, or operations.
• Provides leadership, development, and talent management activities for direct reports which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training, and budgeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years of directly related work experience
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed
• HACCP and SQF certification
• Technical knowledge in the area of quality assurance, food safety, meat, poultry, or food science
• Certification or training in auditing
• Strong written and verbal communication and time management skills