Temporary Senior Revenue Accountant (Finance)
Position Description: The primary responsibility of the Temporary Sr. Revenue Accountant will be assisting with revenue processes including, but not limited to, month-end close activities, and SOX controls while the Sr. Accountant is working on the ERP system upgrade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in month-end and quarter-end close accounting close process including taking ownership of gross product revenue, gross-to-net reconciliations, preparation of journal entries and related fluctuation analysis
• Ensure that gross product revenue and gross-to-net accounts are accurately recorded
• Assist in preparation of management financial reports
• Monitor gross-to-net accounts throughout the month
• Participate in ad-hoc revenue projects
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and 5-6 years of related experience; or,
• MS/MA degree in related discipline and 3-4 year of related experience; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Professional certification such as CPA, CIA or similar strongly preferred
• Strong process documentation and SOX 404 controls documentation
• Strong SAP user proficiency including recent familiarity with various T-codes and reporting
• Well versed in Excel proficiency
• Demonstrable process re-engineering and improvement experience including the identification of inefficiencies, formulation of an action plan, and execution of changes
• Revenue recognition experience with commercial drug manufacturer and third-party logistics activities preferred
• Experience on applying technical accounting guidance that covers Revenue Recognition (ASC 606/605) preferred
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.