Tech I - Rescue (Security)
Provides technical rescue standby for customer projects including confined space rescue and technical rope rescue, as well as first aid and CPR. Assists in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with client's standards. In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists in assessing potential hazards. Ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order.
· May conduct general air quality monitoring.
· Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained at all times.
· In case of accident, assists in locating the patient, assessing any injuries, packages for extrication, removing patient from the threatening environment and turning over to EMS for medical attention and transport. Renders first aid and CPR to the level of training.
· Follows handling, inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
· Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
· Assists with special projects as assigned.