Great Lakes Cheese
2nd Shift Bulk Cheese Handler (Manufacturing)
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Bulk Cheese Handler prepares product and cutting to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMP's and Safety.
• Maintain area, equipment, and personal sanitation.
• De-box/unwrap cheese from original packaging.
• Weigh cheese when applicable.
• Manual Measurement and countdown of cheese needed for customer and order specs.
• Inspect/clean cheese.
• Maintain accurate production records.
• Keep line stocked with product to assure no down time.
• Operate cutters and lifting equipment.
• Load cheese into machines / onto equipment for further processing.
• Pack and seal trim.
• Productive use of down time.
• Review order specifications to perform quality checks against customer orders.
• Direct/communicate to line personnel on order specifications and quality issues.
• Enter data on production reports.
• Communicate to line personnel on safety issues.
• Perform handheld functions using a handheld scanner.
• Operate a pallet truck.
• Ability to rotate to all lines in all Bulk positions.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program. Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to read, prepare, and comprehend production reports and worksheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality and safety issues.
• Ability to promote teamwork.
• SAP experience.
• Basic computer skills.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.