Corporate Counsel & Employment Law Counsel (Legal)
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of customer engagement solutions that help connect businesses and people how, when, and where it matters. The company offers payment tools such as checks and cards; lifecycle marketing solutions; and promotional products for businesses. The company deploys these customer engagement solutions holistically, across print, phone, and digital channels, ensuring that the customers of its world-class client base enjoy a consistently superior experience. Harland Clarke serves more than 43 million consumers and 6 million small and medium sized businesses per year, through deep relationships with 11,000+ clients and distribution partners. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. Harland Clarke has been recognized as a 2018 top workplace in San Antonio, TX. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn and on Twitter @HarlandClarke.
· Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
· Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
· Explore new education opportunities with our tuition reimbursement plans.
· We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
Corporate Counsel & Employment Law Counsel reporting directly to the Chief Legal Counsel. Provides legal advice and counsel regarding legal matters.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
Actively qualified to practice law in a North American jurisdiction (a Texas or California law license is preferred).
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Corporate Counsel reporting directly to the Chief Legal Counsel. Must be comfortable providing legal counsel as a partner to senior business leaders and Human Resource professionals.
As required in connection with key duties and responsibilities.
• Supervises legal work of various legal department personnel as required
• Supports the legal department's overall goal of increasing organizational efficiency and achievement of business objectives in a manner that minimizes legal risk
• Occasional domestic travel may be required
• Requires a commitment to continued personal and professional development and the pursuit of industry and company knowledge
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc. All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed. All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Harland Clarke is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Johnny Knifer at .