In this role, the Counsel will be accountable for (1) delivering clear guidance to stakeholders across the North America commercial team regarding laws and regulations relevant to the marketing and sales of ViiV products; (2) partnering with the North America commercial team to deliver its business objectives in a compliant manner; and (3) working with senior legal and business leaders to build trust through influencing the right behaviors, driving the right accountability and fostering the right leadership.
The job requires the provision of (i) legal support regarding the advertising, promotion and sale of new and/or established brands and (ii) subject matter expertise on significant issues pertaining to the sale and marketing of pharmaceuticals. The role will include review and copy approval of sales and marketing materials and tactics. In addition, the job requires the ability to become a subject matter expert in discreet areas of pharmaceutical law related to the promotion and sale of drugs.
• Serve as the legal representative for one or more products evaluating proposed sales and marketing tactics to ensure compliance with FDA laws, regulations, and formal and informal guidance, industry codes (e.g. PhRMA Codes), other state and federal laws, regulations and guidance (e.g. HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, anti-kickback, antitrust, Lanham Act) and product liability laws.
• Serve as the legal representative on the copy approval team for one or more products providing legal advice on issues relating to professional or direct-to-consumer (DTC) promotion.
• Serve as the legal subject matter expert for one or more areas of interest relevant to the marketing, promotion and sale of pharmaceuticals.
• Serve as the legal representative for one or more commercial support groups.
• Significant experience in US legal and industry code requirements relevant to pharmaceutical promotion and advertising in the US
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills supporting matrix teams to solve unanticipated problems
• Possess strong analytical skills to support teams delivering under tight timelines
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to counsel senior leaders
• Prior experience counseling clients in the area of anti-kickback and privacy laws
• Prior experience counseling pharmaceutical product sales teams
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.