Super Micro Computer Inc
Sr. Solution Engineer (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is looking for passionate, motivated, and talented engineers with strong knowledge in networking, network security to join our Networking Adapter team. In this role, you will act as a consultant to customers to provide technical support as well as develop the best network solutions for customers. You will be a product evangelist and prepare collateral as needed to present the best network solutions to ensure customer success.
In this lead role, you will own selection and qualification of Network Interface Cards (NICs) targeted to OEM and strategic partners' platforms. Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Provide technical leadership on networking technology. Facilitate cross-functional exploration of new technology and enable integration into platforms.
• Follow Networking landscape closely, evaluate solutions from different suppliers, and own qualification processes for inclusion of the components into the Supermicro product lines.
• Drive component suppliers, platform vendors and internal teams to meet rigorous qualification criteria for the component.
• Lead sustaining plans and address component SW upgrades and EOL scenarios in a timely manner.
• Work closely with customers to understand what they need and propose the best possible solutions to customers and win their business.
• BS/MS in EE/CS/CE with a minimum of 3+ years of experience with NICs and Networking
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Solid understanding of x86 enterprise architecture, manageability and OS/Driver/Component interaction. Understanding of virtualization is highly desired. Understanding of SDN is a plus.
• Deep understanding of Server Networking technology and networking protocols, e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, RDMA, RoCE/iWARP etc.
• Deep understanding of NIC architecture and operation and experience with debugging tough networking issues i.e. performance drops, link error, QoS, Switch-interoperability etc.
• Experience with Python or other scripting languages is highly desired.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.