Tulsa Welding School/Jacksonville
HVAC Instructor (Architecture)
Are you an HVAC professional that would like to get out of the field and make a career changing lives? Do you get satisfaction from helping people make their dreams come true? If this sounds like you, the HVAC Instructor position at Tulsa Welding School in Jacksonville, FL is the job you have been looking for!
You would join a team committed to making our student's experience as impactful as possible, and spread a little excitement along the way. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude and great work ethic. This position is not for the faint-hearted. You will have to work hard, but you will reap the rewards of truly changing lives.
• Maintain accurate record keeping as it applies to student attendance and grades.
• Create and maintain a safe environment at all times.
• Manage tools assigned to the classroom and issue, inspect, repair, and teach proper handling of tools.
• Maintain control of student activities and ensure compliance of school policies and rules.
• Ensure an ethical and fair testing environment during periods of testing.
• Maintain classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
• Constantly evaluate curriculum to ensure relevance and maintain a working field knowledge through continuing education.
• Conform to prescribed methods of record keeping as directed by supervisory staff.
• Communicate promptly regarding supplies, tools or other essentials for students in the classroom.
• Demonstrate continuing professional development of technical expertise and as an instructor.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
• Minimum of 4 years of direct field HVAC experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work individually and within a group
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Established customer service background
• Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
* Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history
Why should you apply?
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
Flexible Savings Account
401(k) employer match
Short & Long Term Disability – Company Paid
2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Tulsa Welding School:
Tulsa Welding School (TWS) has locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; Jacksonville, Florida; and Houston, Texas. TWS in Tulsa, Oklahoma, has trained individuals for professional, entry level careers since January 1949. TWS in Jacksonville, Florida, which is a branch campus of Tulsa Welding School in Tulsa, started training students in November 2001. Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center (TWSTC) in Houston, Texas, which is also a branch campus of Tulsa Welding School in Tulsa, Oklahoma, started training students in December 2014. Our training programs were designed to meet employers' needs by providing our students with the technical competencies as required and are based on industry feedback. Our instructors are industry experienced professionals who instruct their students in the techniques and skills needed by employers.
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)
Interested? Apply now!