Applications Specialist - Process (Administrative)
Cambridge Viscosity is the global leader in small sample fluid viscosity measurement. For more than a quarter century we have served the oil and gas; paint, ink and coating; pharmaceutical and chemical industries with highly accurate and exceptionally reliable in-process and laboratory viscometers. Cambridge Viscosity operates a subsidiary of PAC - a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in industries such as refinery, petrochemical, biofuels, environmental, food & beverage, marine, offshore, subsea, and pharmaceutical.
The Applications Specialist develops new applications and provides application technical engineering support to customers to ensure that the right product is chosen for their applications and used in the right manner. Provides recommendations concerning the development and introduction of new products and/or services based on a first hand knowledge of current product performance, applications and customer needs.
Product Use Recommendations and Training
• Translates product, customer and application knowledge into product selection and/or use recommendations that improve product performance and provide increased value to the customer.
• Provides technical expertise and product applications training to the customer and internal departments.
• Creates product application presentations and documentation.
• Assists Sustained Engineering in the analysis of product failures, the generation of the related failure reports and communication of failure analysis and recommendations to the customer.
• Performs engineering specification and design in support of customer needs and customized projects.
• Creates engineering drawings, such as wiring, assembly, flow, etc.
• Provide technical expertise and support to Service Helpdesk and other technicians.
• Travel globally to provide service and application support when regional service support is unable to resolve issues.
• Participates in overall product strategy and identification of customer requirements for new and emerging products.
• Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, supply chain, and operations to develop and provide product definitions that are responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
• Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer requirements.
• Identifies partnering opportunities for the resale and/or development of complementary third party products that will satisfy customer requirements.
• Participates in key sales situations for the product.
• Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze operational and technical information.
• Participates in project meetings, interacting directly with customers throughout the project life. This includes completing approval drawings, appropriation of materials, oversight of the project, providing customer with project progress updates, performing factory and/or site acceptance tests, start-up and commissioning of final project at customer site.
•Some travel will be required (~25%).
•Location: This position is based in Boston, MA
•Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred), Chemistry, or other related field from four year College or university
•Ten or more years of experience in the field and\or working with related process equipment; or in lieu of degree, fifteen or more years of experience
•Familiar with IFS or equivalent ERP systems and be able to operate the system efficiently following procedures with minimal training
•Proficient using AutoCAD to create and modify drawings
•SolidWorks knowledge preferred
•Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Power point).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability