Aviation Security Officer (Security)
AGS specializes in compliant, innovative, and efficient detention management, health services, and records and document management services. AGS safeguards some of the most demanding missions facing key federal agencies including the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Air Force.
Description Aviation Security officer crew duties include, but are not limited to: searching aircraft for contraband, searching detainees for contraband, loading and unloading detainees (including those handicapped and/or requiring special assistance) and property onto and off of the aircraft, feeding detainees during flight and assisting in post flight cabin cleanup, identifying proper documentation, escorting to rest rooms, assisting with perimeter security when requested, restraining detainees or removing restraints, and ensuring general security and safety of all detainees and crew when onboard the aircraft.
Responsibilities & Duties The duties of the Aviation Security Officer include but are not limited to the following:
· Maintain the security of all areas by taking actions as required by appropriate procedures and checklists.
· Take charge of your post by securing and protecting personnel and property for which you are responsible until properly relieved. Comply with orders and instructions given. These responsibilities continue until relieved by proper authority.
· Report all violations of orders you must enforce.
· Give the alarm in case of disorder or emergency.
· Report unusual events that threaten the security of the aircraft or endangers life or property.
· Take reasonable counteraction to save life and property or lessen danger. At the same time, you must maintain the security of your post and remain alert during the emergency.
· Maintain primary control of all detainee passengers on each aircraft
· Conduct physical and Control in all areas of assigned responsibility.
· Provide for embarkation and debarkation security as required at each Port of Call.
· Maintain checklists and checkpoints throughout your assigned shift.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Must be a US citizen.
o US citizens residing in the US with any visas and inoculations required to permit departure from and entry into the US and all scheduled foreign destinations;
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must have a H.S. Diploma or GED.
· Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
· 1 year of full-time experience as a corrections/detention officer within the United States or;
· 1 year of full-time law enforcement experience while employed by a United States federal, state, city or municipality law enforcement entity, or the United States Military, or
· 3 years of non-administrative United States military active duty plus completion of an ICE approved security training program
· Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
· Must have intermediate written English skills, including ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms. Other Requirements:
· Must possesses a State specific Unarmed Guard License for the State of employment;
· Must be able to pass all training and obtain all required certifications.
· Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs
· All prospective new hire must be able to pass a pre-employment physical to proceed through the hiring process.
· Must be able to pass a background investigation to include criminal, credit and driving record checks. Screened pre-employment including psychological testing, honesty and integrity validation, employment verification, criminal records checks, credit checks, driver's license check, pre-employment and random drug screening – all to be continuously monitored and checked on an annual basis;
· Must be able to pass US Government background investigation for required security clearance at a minimum level DHS Suitability Check.
· Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968, Suitability applies.
· Applicants must possess a valid United States Passport.
· Must meet client suitability.
· Applicant who possess Bi-Lingual skills in English and Spanish receive a hiring preference.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.