Hearst Magazines US
Client Services Manager (Marketing)
The Client Service Manager manages a set of advertising accounts from pitch through execution, taking ownership of the client relationship and managing through completion. You will be focused on smaller revenue campaigns and will be responsible for owning the client relationship including account management, marketing, and project management for their campaigns. You will be part of a sales support team who is focused on smaller deal sizes in order to better service clients across display media, content, and social components. This role will take on unique marketplace challenges and craft industry-leading solutions to both increase existing business and create efficiencies in how we service certain deal sizes.
You will be a category expert for your assigned accounts - understanding how these clients buy our media, which products perform best for them, and performance KPIs for each plan. You will have a deep understanding of our ad products, packages and business rules for deals of a certain size and will be responsible for executing creative ad and content executions. This includes detailing deliverables, estimating timelines and resource requirements. You will manage the client relationship from start to finish including proposal ideation, content production, and project management. Working across multiple functions, you will become your client's main point of contact and will be responsible for ensuring the success of their campaigns through excellent service and communication levels.
• Ideate, develop, and present solutions in response to digital RFPs
• Customize presentations for clients
• Own the client relationship from pre-sales through campaign execution
• Plan, coordinate, and implement sold-in custom advertiser-driven campaigns across all Hearst websites, including Cosmopolitan.com, HarpersBazaar.com, Esquire.com, Elle.com, MarieClaire.com, WomensHealth.com, RunnersWorld.com, and Bicycling.com.
• Create compelling media plans that drive revenue, maintain profit margin and comply with our business rules.
• Maintain expert understanding of our ad products, capabilities, business rules, and pricing
• Maintain campaign pipeline in our order management system (Fattail AdBook), managing orders in the system as they work their way down the sales funnel (reserve inventory, manage relation with Yield and Inventory team in regard to pricing, change products/allocation of impressions across products)
• Ensure all campaign detail aligns between the media plan, agency IO and Fattail Adbook order and maintain this alignment throughout the campaign lifecycle.
• Execute custom programs ranging from, but not limited to, rich media ad units and native offerings and build ad products using internal CMS system as needed
• Manage expectations internally and externally regarding schedules, resources, margins, and budgets
• Ensure that campaigns launch on time, deliver exactly what was sold, and exceed all given benchmarks by optimizing when necessary
• Monitor and optimize campaign metrics for delivery and KPIs; provide detailed reporting and recommendations to all internal and external teams.
• Liaise with Finance as needed to close monthly billing
• Produce final reporting and campaign recaps
• 1-2 years digital experience with a background in marketing, sales planning, project management, and/or yield/pricing
• Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines across multiple clients
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Out of the box creative thinker
• Able to demonstrate strong prioritization and time management skills
• Flexible, personable attitude; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with all level of personnel
• BA/BS required
• Previous AdBook and DFP experience preferred