Public Health Foundation Enterprises, In
Shelter Specialist (CCACS, Brookside) (Personal Services)
The Contra Costa Adult Continuum of Services (CCACS) is a program of Contra Costa Health Services Health, Housing and Homeless Services Division, in partnership with Heluna Health. Our mission is to provide safe, interim housing with comprehensive services that assist homeless adults in securing permanent housing that will end their homelessness. We respect human dignity and believe housing is a right that is supported through advocacy and collaboration (www.cchealth.org/services.homeless).
If hired for this position, applicant will be required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to the start date.
Hourly rate range: $20.00 - $23.00, hourly
▪ Supervision of adult homeless clients in an emergency shelter in terms of access to safe housing, meals and services.
▪ Intake of adult applicants to assess housing need, support and benefits services.
▪ Develop and manage emergency shelter day-to-day services.
▪ Supervision of engagement activities designed to build a healthy and safe environment for sleeping, eating, and living in a group setting.
▪ Communication, both verbal and written, with adult clients, staff, law enforcement and others to determine situational shelter needs.
▪ Documentation in case records, and files to ensure the written record of work performed on behalf of clients, including completion of incident reports.
▪ Light housekeeping/general clean up.
▪ Ability to handle emergency incidents, including medical, mental health, violent and/or other unanticipated events, including evacuation due to earthquake, chemical release, incarceration, or other incidents.
▪ Conducts and documents hourly site walkthroughs inside and outside to ensure a safe and comfortable living safe for staff and residents
▪ Always keeps a clean and welcoming facility by doing light housekeeping/general clean-up of all inside and outdoor spaces; stocks up program supplies as needed
▪ Reports and seeks immediate assistance during any unsafe or unusual occurrences; in the absence of onsite management the Shelter Specialist contacts on-call management during evening and weekend hours
▪ Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings
▪ Other duties as required
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
Various environments depending on job necessities can include, but not limited to; General Office Setting, Homeless Shelter, Field work within Contra Costa County.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description