Segal Group Inc
Senior Proposal Writer (Marketing)
We are seeking a Senior Proposal Writer to support the Segal Consulting East and Midwest regions. Office location is open to a regional office, preferably Washington, D.C. or Chicago.
Our clients place their trust in us to help them navigate complex and difficult issues. They depend on us to help them make sound decisions that have an impact on millions of lives. In a phrase: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives.
This is the chance for the right person to step into a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity to have a significant impact on the continued growth of the company.
The Opportunity: The strategic Senior Proposal Writer's primary responsibility is to support the growth and business development across all markets by developing client-focused, strategically positioned proposals. The Writer will have demonstrated proposal writing skills to integrate information from multiple sources and incorporate client-specific strategy into a clear, compelling document that differentiates Segal Consulting from the competition. The successful candidate will have the ability to be creative, strategic and well-organized to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
The Role: The Senior Proposal Writer will have direct accountability for the writing and editing of proposals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting/interviewing with Consultants and Subject Matter Experts and collaborating with others to determine proposal strategy, requirements, scope, and timing
• Bringing creativity and original thinking to framing and structuring compliant and client-centric, compelling proposal content
• Serving in a strategic role from pre-RFP to finalist presentation stages to enhance the likelihood of a win
• Leading and authoring proposals and providing strategic and tactical advice to other authors/proposal creation participants
• Brainstorming solutions with the proposed engagement teams to provide experience-based advice with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions
• Making significant contributions to the development and continuous improvement of proposal creation processes, tools, and templates in collaboration with Proposal Content Manager and other colleagues involved in the proposal process
• Ensuring documents are clear, concise, and grammatically correct
• Providing the appropriate guidance concerning the required methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to ensure compliance with the specification and standard Company practices
• Minimum seven to ten years of related work experience in proposal development and writing
• Prior experience in employee benefits field or professional services environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and project manager
• Experience facilitating discussions or brainstorming approaches for proposal approaches
• Demonstrated ability to manage time, writing, editing, and guide people at all levels with collaborative skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including aptitude for building and maintaining professional relationships, understanding team dynamics, taking initiative, and solving problems
• Keen listener with the ability to quickly grasp ideas that can be translated into written words
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel Diversity Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Applying or Referring a Candidate: Employees who qualify and wish to apply, may do so by accessing the posted position on our HRConnect site: click on the OKTA sign-on icon, open HRConnect and access Taleo Job Postings. Locate this specific job posting, click on “Apply” and follow system instructions. If you wish to refer a qualified and interested candidate, access the HRConnect site. Locate and click on this job posting and, then click on the “Refer a Friend” link that will appear to the right of the job posting text and follow system instructions. Please note: advise your candidate of your representation and request a resume to upload. If we hire your candidate referral, you may be eligible for an Employee Referral Program (ERP) financial award. You can access our ERP guidelines on SegalNet (under HR/Recruitment/Forms).