Super Micro Computer Inc
Staff Product Manager (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Responsible for promoting BIOS feature and management of BMC feature, program manage and work with development and testing teams to product high quality BIOS & BMC features.
This position requires working knowledge on Server Hardware, Firmware, BMC, BIOS, Open Source Project, analytical thinking, business acumen, leadership, program management teamwork, attention to details, and creativity.
- Driver the definition, planning and feature prioritization for BIOS, BMC software and Open Source on motherboard and system products
- Support and grow relations with Enterprise customers using technical presentations
- Drive features around BIOS, BMC & dependent firmware and software
- Co-work with peer HW Product Management teams, designers and other development team to define our product strategy around remote management
- Work across different HW, FW and SW departments/groups to identify and resolve technical issues
- Establish and manage a schedule to activities, milestones and deliverable for our products
- Monitor progress across the groups responsibility for the feature area
- Work with Sales and marketing to develop and maintain a customer / partner product promotion programs
- Evangelize and work with 3rd party developers / partner / customers in developing out Software, acting as the primary point of contact
- Perform other tasks as needed within the business
- BC or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is preferred. Previous experience shipping motherboard or computer system products on time and on budget
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a computer firmware and software development or management, or other similar technical position.
- At least 5 years of Product Management and Technical Product Manager Experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing support questions around BIOS
- Strong technical comprehension of software around hardware security, industry standard management specifications
- Experience in development of software processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage terms of peers across a functional team
- Ability to multi-task against disparate project and timelines to provide comprehensive support and completion to all the moving parts of each project
- Strong technical, people and organizational skills
- Comfortable with architecting solutions along with Fellows and Architectures from Tier 1 organizations across the Globe.
- It's a nice attribute if you have capabilities to contribute and work with Industry Standards body such as DMTF and influence decisions behalf of Supermicro
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues and bottlenecks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: • Able to sit for long periods of time. • Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time. • Occasional bending and standing. • Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms. • Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: • Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions • May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.