First Solar Inc
Maintenance Technician II (PM) (Maintenance)
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Performs, as directed, all necessary maintenance of the facility, equipment and grounds, in a timely and cost efficient manner.
• 3-5+ years in a maintenance group
• 2 year technical school in Electrical and/or Maintenance field with at least 3 years experience
• No Degree - Must have 5+ years experience in a related field, (i.e. Semiconductors, Automotive etc.)
• Journeyman's Card from an accredited apprentice ship program preferred
• Knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
• Knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge of CMMS is a plus but not required if coming in from the outside. Internal candidates need to know the CMMS system.
• Project Leader experiences a plus.
• Proven Communications Skills
• Ability to read prints and suggest modifications as required.
• Proven Electro/Mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Vacuum Systems and Robotic.
• Ability to follow Safe Work Practices.
• Full understanding of LOTO
• Ability to work independently with no supervision.
• Capable of troubleshooting to the systems level.
• Full knowledge of all PM's
• Must be capable of pulling reports and entering data or pass downs into/from the CMMS system.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Accomplishes daily assignments as scheduled and as directed.
• Performs the on-site service and repair of equipment.
• Must meet at least 90% of Estimated Repair Times
• Interfaces with other departments.
• Follows standard OSHA, EPA and Company safe practices on all work assignments.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities for cost savings.
• May be asked to train other employees
• If no tech III is available may be asked to fill in as Team Lead.
• Ability to read electrical & mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
• Performs other assignments as required.
• Responsible to manage waste generated from any work that is preformed.
• This includes but is not limited to:
o Remove hazardous waste HEPA filters / pre filters and put in proper bags and then put into properly labeled gay lords. And clean up the area after work is done.
o Transport the full gay lords to the North Waste Cage. Contact WWT Associates when dropping off Gaylord.
o Make sure Gaylord is properly label and dated. Work with WWT Associates and/or EHS to make sure the gay lords is properly labeled.
o Move full AED drums back to the North Waste Cage. Make sure drum is properly labeled and dated. Drum cannot be over 882 lbs. Work with WWT Associates and/or EHS to make sure the drum is properly labeled.
o Responsible for adherence to all safety procedures, good housekeeping standards, and the wearing of PPE.
o Notify EHS Department if there are questions or concerns with the management of hazardous waste.
• Will sit and stand for long periods of time during the day.
• Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
• May lift up to 50 lbs.
• Required to use hands to finger, lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
• May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities are required.
• All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).