First Data Corporation
Associate Counsel (Legal)
Position: Associate Counsel
Location: Coral Springs FL
About First Data First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company's 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
Position Description Overview -
First Data, a client-focused leading provider of commerce technology solutions, is seeking a lawyer to support its fast-paced Global Business Solutions business unit, primarily supporting our Enterprise sales organization which serves some of the largest clients in the US. GBS provides a broad range of solutions to large and small businesses, financial institutions, government and consumer clients around the world. This lawyer will be part of a collegial and collaborative legal team that works closely with First Data sales, product and compliance personnel to help our clients grow their businesses. This position will be based in Coral Springs FL.
· Key responsibilities include working on transactions with various partners and clients, advising the business about legal and business risks and interpreting applicable laws and regulations.
· Minimum of 5 years of commercial legal experience in a law firm, corporate or government environment.
· Excellent writing skills, with ability to effectively write clearly and in “Plain English”
· Excellent oral communication skills and ability to interact with other lawyers and business professionals, including senior management
· Intellectual curiosity to learn a complicated and evolving business in a fast paced and increasingly regulated industry
· Ability to work independently but also be a team player and collaborator
· Ability to analyze and solve problems real-time in a creative and flexible manner
· Ability to provide commercial legal guidance and manage a broad range of transactions and other matters against tight deadlines.
· Ability to analyze legal and business risks and communicate that analysis in business (rather than legal) style and language
· Strong leadership skills, executive presence, and advocacy skills
· Previous legal experience in the card payments industry or knowledge of Card Association rules is preferred, but not required.