Activision Publishing, Inc.
Computer Vision Systems Engineer - Central Technology (Information Technology)
Job Title: Computer Vision Systems Engineer
Reporting To: Sr. Visual Director, Art
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Activision is an industry-leading game developer known for one of the most successful game franchises ever - Call of Duty.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Systems Engineer to work at our newly renovated, best-in-class Capture Studio and interact directly with some of the best Artists and R&D engineers in our industry.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of production principles and experience with computer engineering and systems integration, related to mocap, scanning, audio, video, photography and AR/VR. A passion for future facing innovation and prototyping is a critical component of the role.
A successful Computer Vision Systems Engineer is expected to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, and a passion for developing high quality games and animations. You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
What you'll be doing:
• Build integrated computing and network systems
• Own/operate and build advanced machine vision systems
• Help develop and maintain production pipeline tools
• Using 3rd party and proprietary software and capture/scanning tools to streamline captured data
• Working directly with the department Lead and Senior Animators as well as Designers to identify and execute on the systems needs of the production
• Following group standards and best practices
• Participating in a multi-discipline development team
• Collaborating effectively with the Art and Capture teams
• Managing day-to-day development issues; identifying problems and driving creative solutions
• Preparing for and attending motion capture, scanning, location and voice over shoots
• College degree in Computer Graphics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree
• Experience with audio/video recording, playback, editing, cameras, optics
• Experience with Motion/Performance Capture
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
• Ability to take direction well and address notes
• A passion for developing high quality games
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with DCC tools, research publications, machine learning
• Python, C/C++/etc., and other scripting/coding experience
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Destiny.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.