Super Micro Computer Inc
Sr Manager, Data Center Solution Engineering (Engineering)
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro system department is looking for a Director, Data Center Solution Engineering to be responsible for Customer Retention, Revenue Growth, and Profitability. This position will be based in our headquarters located in San Jose, CA.
• Support Global Services and Rack Team by being responsible for Data Center products with customer retention and growth
• Provide consultation to existing customers on Data Center efficiency by leveraging educate and present Supermicro products and services
• Lead, coordinate, and align internal stakeholders to gather requirement, design, validate, and deliver product and services to end customers.
• Possess a business mind set in alignment with management goals and objectives.
• Direct and lead cross organization resources to solve customers' Data Center requirement.
• Define, build, and design Data Center solutions to meet the evolution of customer requirements
• Perform duties with a consultative based mindset
• Act as escalation point for Global Services and Rack teams
• Overseeing deliverables and documentation as require by customers.
• Provide solutions and products promotion to customers, partners, and employees.
• Build solutions with service centric mind-set and within existing constraints
• Documenting and improve process in the overall service oriented rack architecture model and providing technical guidance to Global Service team
• Meet with customers and provide internal teams customer feedback
• Design, build, pre configured and integrated Data Center solutions with emphasis on service and lifecycle
• Bachelor's degree is required
• 10 to 20 years' experience in developing and managing IT Data Centers and related solutions
• Successful track record working with end customer's internal stakeholder from technical staff to key decision makers
• Strong team leader with tenacious character.
• Prior experience in championing and justifying large scale technology projects in enterprise IT environment
• Demonstrated ability in the following areas: pre-call planning, requirement qualification, and handling,FUD
• Strong persuasive and negotiating skills
• Extremely proactive, highly organized, with proven ability to manage multiple tasks
• Professionalism combined with a passion for creativity
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and diverse culture
• Must have a strong background managing X86 Architecture in Enterprise Data Center environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: • Able to sit for long periods of time. • Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time. • Occasional bending and standing. • Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms. • Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: • Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions • May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.