Radius Product Development Inc.
Principal/Manager of Research (Project Management)
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
The Manager/Principal Researcher is the key point person for directing and executing meaningful research and human factors activities required to drive innovative programs, clients, and teams. Radius is looking for a highly creative and passionate individual to focus on projects ranging from technology driven medical devices to consumer lifestyle products with an underlying goal of improving lives. This individual will also provide mentorship to the research team and broader technical team and have increasing responsibility as it relates to program management, and business development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with cross-functional team to identify, plan, and prioritize research efforts based on analysis, project goals, and risks.
• Lead a variety of user research projects using analytical, ethnographic, and interview- based methods including contextual interviews, usability tests, expert interviews, and group sessions, diary studies, and anthropometric analyses.
• Familiarity with FDA guidelines and other relevant experience in medical product design is a plus.
• Design and implement new effective ways of collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data to uncover and characterize new opportunities and product offerings.
• Develop rigorous frameworks for the evaluation of products as a function of usability principles and best practices.
• Synthesize and communicate insights to multidisciplinary teams and clients that help guide design and innovation.
• Distill information from a range of sources (qualitative, quantitative, trends, etc.) to develop actionable opportunities for innovation programs.
• Collaborate in the creation of innovative solutions based on insights and opportunities uncovered.
• Ensure the continuity meaningful innovation throughout the product development process.
• User Interface development experience a plus.
• Ability to easily switch from macro to micro, understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization's product or service.
• Lead clients through the research and innovation process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 10+ years of experience in product development research, preferably in a medical consulting environment.
• Degree in related field (e.g. human factors, cognitive psychology, HCI, ergonomics, industrial engineering, etc.)
• Experience leading project teams, mentoring, and establishing high quality research and usability frameworks.
• Demonstrated expertise with a wide range of research methods including usability testing and ethnographies.
• Experience in human factors in medical devices, including formative and summative testing and the creation of usability engineering file documentation is a plus.
• Minimum of 500 hours of study moderation
• Proven track record of professional success (e.g. portfolio, references, etc.)
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.