Columbia Helicopters, Inc.
Security Guard (Security)
Ground Service Attendant (GSA) personnel are responsible for property surveillance, screening of all entrants entering Columbia Helicopters, Inc. property, and conduct of observation/report duties to prevent trespass, personal injury and/or property loss.
• Swing shift - Thursday and Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 10:30 am to 11:00 pm
• Conduct visual inspections by making rounds to assigned check points at a given frequency.
• Check-in and monitor all visitors (including employees where applicable) during assigned shift.
• Monitor CCTV and other electronic security devices for evidence of trespassing or other abnormal activity.
• Facilitate emergency operations per the company contingency plan elements and chain of command during emergency events.
• Secure the facility at the close of regular business and/or special events as assigned.
• Operate forklifts to unload trucks during after hour activities.
• Recognize threats to CHI property and respond in a manner that ensures the safety and security of employees and self while minimizing personal injury and/or property loss.
• Ensure work is properly documented in logs and incident reports; follow procedures to meet established standards.
• Maintain work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
• Conduct oneself in accordance with the company's core values.
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 18 years of age. *Documentary evidence of a High school diploma or equivalent, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or a two-year or four-year, post-secondary degree issued by an accredited degree-granting college or university. *Applicant must be certified by Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) as an Unarmed Private Security Services Provider OR must be able to satisfactorily complete the applicable training requirements and become certified within a reasonable period of time after being hired. Failure to successfully achieve certification within a reason period after being hired may result in termination or reassignment. *Applicant must be of good Moral Fitness. All private security providers must be of good moral fitness as determined by a criminal background check, department investigation or other reliable sources. • Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience in commercial or residential surveillance and/or security preferred.
• Class C Driver License in good standing required.
• Ability to obtain forklift certification.
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate ideas, concepts and instructions over a wide range of audiences at all levels both internal and external to the company.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as assigned (dependent on facility needs).