Sundt Construction, Inc.
Senior Project Quality Engineer - Local Airfield Project Ft Bliss, TX (Finance)
The Quality Engineer is technical source of information for the project and should have a thorough knowledge of the construction documents. Responds to questions about drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders. Maintains an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers. Assists the Project Quality Manager with execution of the Project Quality Management program.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of the quality management plan (QMP) and is involved in support and execution of the plan.
2. Schedules and participates in preparatory & pre-installation meetings in support of Sundt quality management program with suppliers, subcontractors, supervision and the owner.
3. Performs initial, follow up and completion inspections of work-in-place to ensure compliance with approved submittals and contract documents. Generates daily reports to document compliance.
4. Schedules & supervises testing agencies and maintains records to ensure testing is performed per contract requirements. Generates control charts in compliance with contract requirements.
5. Collaborates with operations to produce task specific quality management plans.
6. Ensures that deficient items are being reported, tracked and corrected.
7. Assists with the timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval and ultimate disposition of meeting agendas, RFI's and daily reports.
8. Communicates with others regarding inspections results and recommends corrective procedures.
9. Assists with material procurement. Coordinates submittals with other trades. Assists with reviewing submittals for compliance with the contract documents.
10. Verifies onsite received materials meet contract specific requirements. Ensures materials are stored in compliance with contract documents.
11. Maintains as‐built contract documents. Compiles close‐out requirements, including operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other job‐specific items required by the specifications.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
2. An advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus in‐depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units, is required.
3. Four‐year Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree, plus a minimum of three to four years of similar construction engineering experience or have a minimum five years construction experience in construction quality control or superintendent for Military and/or commercial airfield pavement construction.
4. Ability to obtain ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I and Transportation Concrete Special Inspector certification within 3 months of hire.
5. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines. Should have the skill/ability to supervise and/or quality technicians.
6. Experience with Military and/or commercial airfield pavement construction preferred.
7. Experience with USACE/NAFVAC preferred.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.